OpenMobileMaps is similar to GoogleMaps but it's relying on OpenStreetMap.org. It's finger friendly and showing the map on fullscreen. GPS support and GSM triangulation (if no GPS device is present) is built in. The downloaded map tiles are stored on your phone/storage and only new ones are downloaded.
- Windows Mobile 5+ Professional
- .NET CF 3.5
- GPS (built-in or external)
- Internet Connection
The software works well even if you don't meet the recommendations. You can still download the map tiles with your pc and transfer it to your smartphone. For this scenario I recommend JTileDownloader.
- showing map in fullscreen
- finger friendly user interface
- map tiles are automatically downloaded if internet connection is available
- map tiles are stored locally for offline use
- GPS support and GSM triangulation
- show actual position on map
- follow-mode to automatically scroll the map
- search addresses
- calculate routes
- gps and gsm tracking (not yet implemented)
- choose between different OSM servers (not yet implemented)
Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5 , 6 , 6.1 , 6.5 , 6.5.3
.Net CF 3.5
All screen sizes supported!